What is YesGain?
YesGain is a social network where you can share and gain skills, hobbies, and knowledge. It is aimed towards two kinds of people:
- People who have skills, hobbies, knowledge and want to share what they know for cash.
- People who want to learn something new and brush up new skills quickly and efficiently for an affordable fee.
Our Slogan: "Learn what you don't know and Share what you know best!"
@YesGain, everyone can be a teacher and/or learner.
What are the 3 basic features of YesGain?
There are 3 basic features for YesGain: Arrange, Attend, and Request
- Arrange: A person who wants to share his/her skills, hobbies, or knowledge. They can then "Arrange" the session at any location, date, and fee per student.
- Attend: A person who wants to learn a certain skill, hobby, or knowledge. They can then "Attend" the session at the specific location on the certain date and pay the fee posted by the instructor beforehand through PayPal.
- Request: A person who wants to learn certain skills, hobbies, or knowledge but can't find an exact session. They can then "Request" for a class that meets his/her requirement, location and fee.
How does YesGain work?
From the perspective of a teacher:
- Choose a subject they want to share
- Arrange the class online
- Decide cost per session
- Find an appropriate location and time to share the skill, hobby, or knowledge
From the perspective of a student:
- Make an account on YesGain
- Search for courses that pertain to the subject they want to learn about
- Register for the class they are interested in
- If the class or subject they want to learn about isn't offered, they can Request the course
Are there any hidden fees?
NO HIDDEN FEES AT ALL! After you sign up, you will receive 1 FREE Pass to attend any session in which the instructor has granted permission for students with free passes to enroll in. The instructors only pay the commission of 15% to YesGain. The students only need to pay the cost of the session which the instructor posted.
What ideas led the founders to start YesGain?
The number of unemployment is extremely high and the founders figured they wanted to do something to help. Through YesGain, the founders believed that they can share their realization of newly acquired skills opening new doors for people and at the same time, aid to rid or at least minimize the number of unemployment. The founders themselves have been unemployed several times. Each time this happened, they went out and learned something new which helped lead them to find their next jobs. They realized that by obtaining new skills/knowledge, more doors will be opened for them (i.e. new jobs).
How do I know YesGain isn't a scam?
YesGain is a service that helps learners find the best instructors available. If the instructors do not deliver what's outlined in the description of the course, YesGain will gladly provide a full refund to learners. Also, if you're unsatisfied with the results of the first session you attend, a full refund is offered as well. Users are offered a FREE pass when they sign up for an account to try out the service to see for themselves that YesGain is totally a legitimate service.
How do I know the instructors for the classes are legitimate & reliable?
Each instructor has a rating on their profile. You can check the instructor prior to attending the class by either emailing or calling the instructor to ask them any questions or concerns that you may have about the class and to ensure that they have a good background in what they're offering to teach.
How is YesGain beneficial for me?
Networking. YesGain is a social network where you can build relationships with others while learning something new or sharing what you know to others in your community. YesGain allows for you to practice public speaking skills and to create leadership skills. In order to teach a class, you must be able to communicate well with others and know how to lead a group of people. Most importantly, through YesGain, great knowledge will be acquired.
Why is YesGain better than another search engine out there such as Craigslist?
First off, the only similarity YesGain shares with Craigslist is that there is an art of exchanging things. Craigslist allows for the exchange of TANGIBLE ITEMS. YesGain is solely focused on exchanging knowledge and skills, something that is definitely of more value and NON-TANGIBLE.
Will there be any new functions to YesGain besides learning, teaching, and requesting classes?
We are about to roll-out a new function in the Fall made especially for Colleges. Please check back often for new updates!